These egg bites literally took 2 minutes to put together and then just 6 minutes in the pressure cooker.
I have tried multiple egg cups while playing around with pressure cookers. There are pro’s and con’s to both. I liked the stainless steel ones, cuz well…. they are stainless steel. However, I noticed things tend to stick a lot. I might just not be using the right oil to prevent this.
The other day I finally broke down and purchased an egg bite pan that was made with silicone. I am sure silicone is safe but it still looks a lot like plastic to me so I usually stay away. I wanted egg bites that were pretty so I researched the silicone egg pans and got one that I think was good. My goal was to get one that was made in the USA.
To make one tray of egg bites:
- Non- stick cooking spray
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup of ricotta cheese, sour cream or cottage cheese
- 1/4 Cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, 1/4 Teaspoon garlic and onion powder
- You can add in grated cheese, veggies or any meat you want- get wild and crazy but don’t over stuff. I love adding in fresh herbs.
- Beat your eggs, cream, sour cream or ricotta/cottage cheese, in a medium bowl. In your bowl add in any extra cheese or diced veggies/meat. I use my blender to mix the eggs and cream then once in the bowl I add in the diced stuff.
- Lightly spray silicone egg bites mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill egg bites mold 1/2 of the way full with egg mixture.
- Do not over fill them if you are going to add in extra cheese and veggies/meat. You should get 7 egg bites out of this recipe.
- Cover filled egg bites mold with parchment paper. You can use foil too but I prefer paper.
- Pour approx. 1 cup of water into the Ninja Foodi insert pot or your Intant Pot pot.
- Place a trivet into the pot and put your egg bites mold on top of it. If you are using parchment paper it might be tricky to do this but just tuck it and it will work.
- Close pressure cooking lid and move valve to “seal” position. This should be the same with either machine. With the Ninja Foodi pick the pressure cooker setting and pick low heat. I cooked mine for 6 minutes. Once it is done it will beep and turn off. Wait about 3 minutes to let the pressure release on its own. Open the lid and enjoy!!!!!! Top with sour cream, chives, avocado, salsa, OMG the possibilities are endless. These are FAB cold too.